Tenants may on rare occasions wish to access their offices, however the side entrances will be used and they will avoid areas of the house and grounds that you are occupying.
The Robert Denholm House wedding venue hire fee is based on a full day and for exclusive use. Please contact us to discuss Event and Party hire options. Robert Denholm House holds Weddings and Events on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays. The rates are the same regardless of day or season.
The Capenor Room holds 112 people. The Belvedere Room holds 75 people. The Redwood Room holds 39 people.
- Premises approved for Civil Ceremonies
- Performing Rights Society
- PPL – music
- Alcohol & Entertainment Licenses
- Entertainment outdoors finishes at 23:00, indoors at 00:30
- Alcohol ceases at 00:30 outdoors and indoors
- Your surnames and the date of your wedding should be clearly marked on all deliveries & boxes and bags that you bring into Robert Denholm House. All items are stored away and clear labelling ensures that we can identify your belongings.
- Deliveries for your wedding can be received by Robert Denholm House in the week leading up to the event, ceasing on Friday at 17;30. After this time we may not be able to accept your delivery as reception will be closed. We MUST be informed in advance of any pending deliveries.
- The Wedding Cake should be delivered to Robert Denholm House on the morning of the Wedding Day. As we do not have suitable cake storage facilities we are unable to take responsibility for this.
- You may wish to deliver items for the occasion yourselves. This can be discussed and agreed in advance. Many couples deliver items the day/night before when we are setting up, however if you are having a meal, pamper day or hotel stay this may not be convenient. We will be as flexible as possible.
- If you are not using our partners, please advise your florist and suppliers that delivery and set-up will be on the morning of the Wedding unless otherwise agreed. Please ensure that they are aware of your wishes with regards to presentation.
- Please advise the florist and decorators not to use drawing pins, nails, staples or BluTac. Whilst you are welcome to decorate the venue please do not damage it!
- Please ensure that a designated person is made responsible for settling any ‘cash on the day’ agreements that you may have made. Your Event Manager cannot be responsible for these monies.
Collections. We advise that where possible you take your wedding cake, gifts and decorations etc. with you at the end of your celebrations. Any remaining items will be stored but we cannot be responsible for these items.
We provide a fully stocked bar including a selection of fine wines suitable for a range of budgets. We are happy to source and provide any speciality item or alternative choice currently not available on our listings and will discuss these arrangements with you. A corkage fee will apply, at a rate dependent on guest numbers, if you choose for either yourselves or your caterers to supply.
To confirm a booking and secure the date a signed contract must be returned to us along with your deposit payment.
The deposit is generally 25% (unless an alternative agreement has been made) with the remaining payment due 8 weeks prior to the event.
The Redwood is often used as a Bridal Room. Round tables can be set up if you require brunch or drinks and nibbles. A selection of tables, chairs and mirrors are available if you wish to get ready here. The room has plenty of natural light, ideal for your hair and make-up artist. During the day we would secure the room and recommend that the Bride and Grooms personal possessions and gifts are stored in here.
The use of candles is fine, however if you plan to use them to decorate areas where people walk, i.e. on the stairs, we politely request that battery operated candles are used.
We have a large and free car park! We can accommodate approximately 100 cars. Wedding buses and coaches are also welcome. Car parking attendants can be booked if required.
Host your Civil Ceremony here at Robert Denholm House prior to or on the day of your Jewish marriage. Sundays are available.
Depending on the size of your Chuppah and your guest numbers we would recommend using either the Capenor Room or a marquee. The couple’s private space and changing area would be the Redwood Room.
We have a partner specialist in kosher cuisine.
Make a grand entrance by helicopter as we have a heli-pad!!
Carriages are to have departed no later than 01:00.
From a formal wedding breakfast, buffet or bowl food to a BBQ or Hog Roast, our carefully selected external caterers come with the seal of approval from Robert Denholm House. Menu choices will be provided including a ‘child friendly’ menu and food tastings can be arranged.
Our experience has shown that food tastes and requirements are truly unique; hence we have a host of partners to facilitate your wishes. They will be happy to meet with you to discuss your options and make sure that the menu includes your personal favorites.
We have caterers specialising in African and Caribbean foods, Kosher, Halal and a wide range of cuisines suitable for many Asian cultures.
We will consider allowing you to use your own caterers as long as they are happy to undertake our quality checks. A due-diligence fee of £600 may apply.
Yes, located in the grand hall and the traditional ladies’ balcony. Ideal for guests who wish to retire to a quieter area.
Robert Denholm House welcomes the use of biodegradable confetti and petals.
An 18×18 foot parquet dance floor is included within the venue reception hire fee and can be laid in either the Belvedere Room or the Capenor Room.
Yes – making Robert Denholm House a suitable venue for any season.
You are welcome for your Havan to be open-air under the mandap or within your marquee. The sacred fire, Agni, can be held in either.
The Sangeet Sandhya must end by 23:00 as this is when our outdoor entertainment license ceases.
The Barat Nikasi procession can take place within our grounds spanning 25 acres. Whilst the groom could leave the venue on a horse, if desired, sadly as the road is council owned we cannot allow the procession to leave the grounds.
The mansion house is an amazing backdrop for marquee receptions. We are licensed for up to 4,500 guests.
We have fantastic marquee partners that will make recommendations depending on your numbers and catering choice. All of the marquees are lined, fully furnished with a choice of flooring. Make your marquee luxurious and discuss decoration and additional facilities to enhance the space, including but not limited to lighting, dance floors or maybe an entrance porch. We are happy to work with you to co-design the perfect marquee for your wedding reception.
For a marquee reception, luxury mobile toilets would be used. As toilets go, they are very nice, clean, hygienic and spacious – however the Bride is recommended to use the disabled toilets on the ground floor of the house to avoid any dress mishaps. Please note that the disabled toilets also have baby changing facilities.
We can make recommendations if you choose to have a Master of Ceremonies or, if you wish, your Event Manager can announce proceedings. Alternatively you may choose a member of your Wedding Party.
- Prior to the ceremony, looking after the wedding party and guests.
- Your photographer may wish us to have your guests ready for photographs. It is at your discretion if you wish us to call guests to assist the speed of proceedings.
- Calling guests into your chosen room for the Wedding Breakfast and announcing the Bride and Grooms entrance, or informing guests that the buffet / BBQ is now available.
- Announcing the cake cutting & first dance if required.
Robert Denholm House do not operate this practice.
We understand that Muslim weddings are well attended. The Robert Denholm House grounds are licensed for up to 4,500 guests. It is your choice if you wish for your ceremony to take place in the open-air or if you’d prefer the occasion to be held within a marquee. We have ample land to house multiple marquees. If you party is very large you may prefer to have one marquee for the ceremony, later used for dancing, with further marquees facilitating your feast.
Robert Denholm House is also an ideal location to hold the Walima. We have a wide range of specialist catering partners who would be delighted to speak with you and quote for your event.
We can provide a sound system that can play direct from your technology source or from a CD player and are happy to play the music that you provide. If you would like to include live music, we are licensed – recommendations of musicians, bands and DJs are available.
Your caterer will be responsible for providing your napkins and together you can decide on how the napkins are folded. If you require the napkins to be tied with ribbon or have any other decoration it will need to be agreed as to whether you or your caterer will do this.
Whilst our Event Team are happy to assist in any way possible, this is a time consuming activity that we sadly cannot facilitate. Personalised, disposable napkins can be provided if you’d prefer – this is popular for the distribution of wedding cake.
We do not have any onsite accommodation, however there is a wide range of local accommodation surrounding the venue. In a few of the pubs and hotels we have arranged special rates for you and your guests.
Your wishes can be fulfilled by our Event Team and our trusted partners (suppliers) who have been carefully selected so that we can be sure that you will receive the highest quality service and excellent value for money. They have also undertaken our extensive checks so that we can be sure that they are fully insured and adhere to our terms and conditions.
These are held free of charge, however if alternative interest is made or you have not advised us of your decision within two weeks we will contact you to discuss further.
Many venues no longer approve of the serving of red wine due to damage that can be caused by staining. You will notice that our carpets are an attractive shade of red to avoid this issue!
Whilst we appreciate that there may be last minute alterations, we require your seating plan (table number / name and guest locations – can simply be provided as a word document) no later than 2 weeks before the wedding. Please ensure that you clearly indicate on the seating plan:
- Children and babies requiring highchairs
- Children’s seats if having alternative meals or being provided with a table gift
- Vegetarian or vegan guests
- Guests with special dietary requirements
The display and location of your Table / Seating plan will be discussed in due course, however if you are providing the place names, please have them separated into table order before you arrive.
The Anand Karaj would not take place at Robert Denholm House. However, we have on occasion been asked to hold The Kurmai if not taking place in the Gurdwara or the groom’s family home. Please contact us to discuss your unique requirements.
Due to Government legislation smoking is no longer permitted within the house or marquees. Guests may smoke outside.
Robert Denholm House is carpeted and will – if you wish – lay a dance floor if holding your reception within the house. We are happy with the wearing of stilettos but please be aware that our grounds are mainly laid to lawn.
We can supply round tables which seat up to 10 guests – although we recommend 8. We can also provide gold banqueting chairs without covers. If you are hosting your Civil Ceremony with us, these chairs can simply be re-positioned for a recepetion. Cutlery, crockery and linen will be provided by your catering company.
We recommend that taxis are pre-booked and can assist with this. We are happy to make bookings for you on the night prior to 20:30, however cannot guarantee transport as this is dependent on availability.
Ladies and Gents toilets are located on the first floor. Disabled toilets and baby changing facilities are located on the ground floor.